Learn About PANDORA Jewelry :: FAQ
Here you will find everything you ever wanted to know about PANDORA jewelry. If there is something you would like to know aside from these frequently asked questions, please feel free to contact us by phone or email.
What is PANDORA?
PANDORA is a fascinating collection of jewelry which, just like Pandora's Box, opens up with countless opportunities. Design you own jewelry that expresses your own style and unforgettable moments.
Each piece is hand crafted in sterling silver and 14K gold with superior Danish design.
How Does it Work?
PANDORA is known for its beautiful charms that mark important moments in your life. By combining a PANDORA bracelet, necklace or even earrings with charms in sterling silver, 14K gold, Murano Glass, and semi-precious stones, you can create a truly unique piece of jewelry that reflects your own personal style and sensibility.
What Do I Need to Get Started?
The possibilities are limitless with PANDORA, but generally we recommend starting with a sterling silver PANDORA snap clasp bracelet, two clips and at least one charm. This will give you a very good starting point to build off of in the future, and will still look nice to wear now.
What Size Bracelet Do I Need?
To find your bracelet size, take a measuring tape and loosely wrap it around your wrist at its widest point, add two fingers between your wrist and the measuring tape (to allow room for charms); take that measurement and round up to the next nearest bracelet size.
Bracelets are available in 6.7", 7.1", 7.5", 7.9", 8.3", and 9.1" sizes, with the most common sizes being 7.1", 7.5" and 7.9".
The bangle bracelets are available in 6.7", 7.5" and 8.3" sizes, with the most comman size being a 7.5". Think of the three sizes being a small, medium, and large.
When wearing your bracelet you want to be able to comfortably fit two fingers between the bracelet and your wrist.
What is the Difference Between a PANDORA Clip and a Spacer?
A clip is a special kind of charm that opens and is designed to clasp over one of the two 'notches' on a bracelet or necklace. Once locked into place, the clip will not move and help your charms to stay in place. Clips are available in a variety of styles and finishes. We recommend every PANDORA bracelet have at least two clips, one for each notch.
Spacers are smaller, thin charms that can be used to fill in the gaps between two different sized beads, but are completely optional. Spacers are not threaded and will slide freely along your bracelet. Spacers are available in a number of different styles and finishes.
I've Filled My Bracelet, What Now?
Congratulations on completing your first PANDORA bracelet! There are a number of new and exciting ways to display your beads.
- Try a bracelet with a different finish. The oxidized bracelet, or one of the leather bracelets are a great way to explore new looks and styles.
- Move some of your charms onto a necklace. Make room for new beads on your bracelet by moving some of your old favorites onto one of the PANDORA necklaces designed to display beads.
- Turn your bracelet into a necklace. Easily attach your exisiting bracelet to a PANDORA necklace by snapping the clasp together and change up the look.
- Change out charms for the season. Consider swapping out some of your current color for charms that match the season. Try adding Murano Glass in pastel colors during the spring, or in rich, deep colors during the fall. By changing just 3 or 4 charms, it can be like having a brand new bracelet!
- Turn your open work charms into earings. Use any of the open work charms on your bracelet and turn them into earings using barrels and posts from our PANDORA Compose collection.
- Start an ESSENCE bracelet. The ESSENCE collection is a new style of bracelet that is NOT interchangable with the classic PANDORA bracelets. The ESSENCE charms are designed to reflect the inner essence of ones self and the charms on this bracelet; unlike the classic PANDORA bracelet, are held on the bracelet with a silicon core and and will stay in place.
How is the Bangle Different?
There are a few big differences between the silver PANDORA Bangle and the classic bracelet. The bangle is a stiff bracelet with no 'notches'; where the classic bracelet is a flexable bracelet with fixed 'notches' for the clips.
Although there are no 'notches' on the Bangle you can still use clips on the them to keep your charms in place. In order to do so you must first put a rubber stopper under the clips to keep them in place, otherwise the clips will just slide around like normal charms.
All the same charms fit on both the Bangle and the classic bracelet.
Can You Keep the Beads in Place on a Bangle or Leather Bracelet?
Yes! You can use the same clips theat you would use on a classic bracelet; the only difference is that you need the silicon stoppers under the clips to keep them from sliding back and forth like a normal charm. Ask for the special silicon stoppers whenever you are planning to use your clips on a leather bracelet or bangle.
What Makes PANDORA Special?
There a few things that separate PANDORA from some of the other 'charm bracelets' you might have seen:
- Quality. PANDORA is fine jewelery. Everything is made with solid sterling silver or solid 14K gold. So long as it is taken care of our jewelery is something you can continue to add onto for years to come; and can be passed down from generation to generation.
- The special PANDORA "Snap Clasp". When the snap clasp is closed, it looks just like a charm, and makes a complete, unbroken circle. Because the clasp is snapped shut tight, it is more secure than the traditional lobster clasp.
- Many of the Charms are threaded. When placing threaded charms onto your bracelet or necklace, each one must be 'screwed' or 'twisted' on. When taking your bracelet on or off, this prevents the beads from sliding off.
- Clips. Each bracelet or necklace features two 'notches' where a special kind of charm called a 'clip' can clasp on. Once you've added these two clips, your bracelet is divided into three equal segments. This keeps your charms from sliding on the bracelet by keeping them in place in their section. This is especially useful early on when filling out your bracelet.
How Do I Care For My PANDORA?
PANDORA Jewelry is quite special and must be properly handled and cleaned. You may clean your PANDORA with a dry silver polishing cloth, or bring your bracelet into PANDORA Saint Louis for a thorough cleaning in one of our specially designed tumblers.
Do Not Use Liquid Silver Polish! Silver polish will remove the oxidation treatment from some of the charms and chains. PANDORA is oxidized jewelry, and is meant to fade to an antique look as it is worn.
Be very careful not to expose your PANDORA to harsh chemicals or environments. These include, but are not limited to, liquid silver polish, lotion, aerosol sprays, pools, hot tubs, and spas.
Failure to properly care for your jewelry may void your warranty.
I Wore My PANDORA in the Pool! Now What?
While wearing your PANDORA bracelet in the pool will not irreparably damage your bracelet, it is not recommended because the chemicals found in most pools can react unfavorably with Sterling Silver.
We know customers who wear their bracelets in their pools, but we've also seen many bracelets that have had bad reactions. Keep in mind that regardless of the outcome, wearing your bracelet in a pool will void the warranty.
If a bad reaction occurs, it can usually be restored with a professional cleaning and polishing. If you find yourself in that situation, please contact us so we can discuss how we might be able to assist you.
What if a Charm Gets Stuck?
If a charm becomes stuck on your bracelet, do not attempt to remove it. It could be due to the charm itself or the bracelet. If the bracelet is cut or twisted apart, it will not be covered under PANODRA's warranty.
Please return the items to an authorized retailer for repair by PANDORA. If it is found that the jewelry is defective, it will be covered under the warranty or exchanged free of charge.
If your charm gets stuck due to not having clips on the bracelet, it may not be covered under the limited warranty. So don't forget to add the clips!
What Else Does PANDORA Offer?
PANDORA might be known for their charms, but they have created a whole universe of jewelry to compliment your bracelet. There are a number of necklaces, rings and earrings that are designed to match and compliment PANDORA charms.
The PANDORA Compose collection lets you continue designing your own jewelry by creating fashionable, unique sets of earrings that are sure to get you noticed.
A Bead Keeps Getting Caught Near the Clasp, What Can I Do?
When wearing your bracelet you may notice that the first or last charm on your bracelet might get caught near the clasp. To avoid this, you can place a clip as either the first or final charm, and a spacer as the first bead on your bracelet. This will keep your other charms clear of the clasp on both ends.
Does PANDORA Ever Have Sales?
To this point, PANDORA Jewelry has not offered any 'discounts' or 'sales' on their charms. All PANDORA retailers are required to sell their item at the exact published retail price.
PANDORA will occasionally have in-store only special promotions and offers. If you are signed up for our newsletter, we will inform you when these special events occur.
If you see a website offering PANDORA at a discount, it is very likely they are not an authorized PANODRA online retailer. Please see our "How To Tell If Your PANDORA Is Real?" article for more information on determining if the PANDORA you are seeing online is genuine.
I Need Ideas for My Next Bracelet!
Read what our staff has to say about their own personal PANDORA bracelets and the stories behind the charms.